ATTENTION: change of our Sunday-opening hours: we close everything (bar/restaurant, reception and mini-market) at 7 p.m.
The owners Sandra and Roland welcome you to Camping Lou Dahu and Tatanka Village.
We are located at an altitude of 1200 metres, between Marmora and Canosio in the Upper Maira Valley.
We are a small, quiet, family-run campsite, suitable for those who love sport or relaxing in the midst of nature.
We wish you a relaxed stay with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes at the campsite and on the terrace, but always on a short leash.
- They must be escorted out of the camping area for their needs!
- No in Tatanka Village.
- No in the facilities (restaurant, mini-market, flats)…
Is electricity present in Tatanka?
- No, it is not lit. You will need to bring a torch.
- You can’t charge your smartphone.
Is there electricity in the tent meadow?
- For the most part no. You will need to bring a torch.
- Tents must be pitched before nightfall.
- Reservations are necessary for pitches with electricity.
Can grey water/chemical water be emptied on the campsite?
Yes, but only with the container.
Are there places to make BBQ with charcoal?
Yes, but reservations are necessary.
Do I have to book in the restaurant?
- Always for dinner, as places are limited.
- We offer different menu for dinner. Traditionel Pasta/Polenta and other with Fassona from the neighboring valley.
- If the weather permits we do barbecue (e.g. sausage, burgers, veal cutlet, vegetable…) at the weekend (sundays until 6 p.m.)
On saturdays we ask you to make reservation.
News and Communications
The film “A Year in Valle Mair” has won second place in the short documentary category at the Milan Film Festival 2019.
It takes the viewer with spectacular pictures into the unique landscape of the Valle Maira and tells about the local people.
The DVD can be purchased at the reception.
Discover the Lou Dahu Camping from a “particular” angle. A paraglider flies over the Valle Maira and the Camping Lou Dahu.
We show more videos
on our new YouTube channel:
subscribe if you like it